PDA

View Full Version : Reefkeeper lite plus vs hydor wavemaker

pico1966
03/31/2010, 04:17 AM
Ive been doing some research and i came across Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper lite plus,it sounds good and for the money it seems like its a better buy then the Hydor wavemaker deluxe.Does anyone own one and could they please give me some input please. Thanks in advance

Perched Urchin
03/31/2010, 12:25 PM
No experieince with the Hydor, but I love my RKL. In any case, I think they are 2 very different things.
The RKL can be used not only as a simple wave maker (turning pumps on/off), but also functions as a multi-timer for any other equipment (including safety features for incidental power-downs of MH lights), a temperature controller, pH, ORP, Salinity monitor (with additional modules), etc.

The Hydor just controls Hydor Koralia controllable pumps, from what I can tell online, but it does control up to 4 and has some functionality in the wavemaking aspect that the RKL doesn't.

jeepguy242
03/31/2010, 12:28 PM
the rkl can be programmed to turn pumps on and off, but it wont do a random mode like the hydor will

Russter
03/31/2010, 12:31 PM
Random mode is supposedly forthcoming on the new 2.0 upgrade to the RKL.

lordofthereef
03/31/2010, 02:44 PM
Most everything I have read about the hydor wavemaker, people were displeased with it, if for no other reason than the price. If you don't want random flow, I recommend the RKL myself. It truly is the better buy IMO. I have not heard of the random mode for 2.0 firmware, but if that is the case I wouldn't consider anything but the RKL.