PDA

View Full Version : what do you feed your fish?

celticreefer85
03/31/2010, 03:32 PM
hey guys,

im sure there is a thread that covers this already in detail and if so i would love to see the link for it. i currently have 2 cardinal fish, 3 chromis, 1 foxface and two clowns. i usually switch off bewteen feeding flakes and mysis shrimp one day and flakes and brine shrimp the other day. I want to know if this is enough variety of food for the fish. I sometimes also use formula 2 frozen cubes but thats about it.

do you guys have any other suggestions for certain food products i should throw in the mix for food? i heard about blood worms but wasnt sure if these are good for fish.

betamed
03/31/2010, 03:46 PM
Not sure about blood worms. I take scallops, shrimp, clams, fish, garlic and nori.Blend it up and freeze it. The fish get this daily and I do a second feeding either flakes, nori or mysis.

Untamed12
03/31/2010, 03:50 PM
I feed chopped up mixed frozen seafood that I buy at the asian grocery. This consists of clam, mussels, squid, octopus, and shrimp. I also feed sheets of seaweed (nori) also purchased at the asian grocery.

Sometimes, I also feed Formula 1 and Formula 2 pellets.

I also sometimes chop up some of the grape caulerpa that grows in my 'fuge. They love that.

jayk198030
03/31/2010, 05:33 PM
i feed a mixure of flake, pellets and frozen foods.(mysis,brine shrimp, blood worms, formula A or B, silver sides)

also my fish feed my coral poop.LOL