PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI ASOV hook up??? WHAT IS WRONG!!!!!!

Saltcity
03/31/2010, 05:21 PM
I have checked, checked again and rechecked to make sure this thing is hooked up right. It is right with the instructions that came with it AND Melev's how to on his site here... http://www.melevsreef.com/rodi_help.html. The waste water just keeps running. I had an ASOV on a previous system and it worked perfectly!?!?

From Carbon, IN to the ASOV on the side with no screws, OUT to the Membrane. Then from the membrane RO water IN to the ASOV on the screw side and OUT to the D.I.

I've checked for air trapped in it, took it apart, hooked it up backwards just to see if it would do anything....... What gives Wally?

Saltcity
03/31/2010, 08:16 PM
The only thing I can think that might....Might, be affecting it is that there is 50 feet of tubing from the RO/DI to the holding tank. Maybe not building pressure very fast and not shutting off!?!?

I'm grasping at straws folks!! :hmm1:

radicaltimes
03/31/2010, 10:02 PM
I had a bad AMSOV and it wasn't shutting off. My water bill was double the normal bill

Saltcity
04/01/2010, 06:20 AM
I don't know how they could go bad.... its such a simple thing!?!? Sux

Im14abeer
04/01/2010, 11:22 AM
Well, an easy way to see if it's backpressure from all that tube is to run a short piece of tube from the output into a bucket and see if it runs right, then kink the tube and see if it shuts off.

Metal Man 1221
04/01/2010, 11:35 AM
my AMSOV takes a while to build enough backpressure and shut off, the extra tubing could be the cause, becuase it has to build the pressure for a larger volume,
i also noticed that my DI canister has to fill compleatly before any pressure can be built,
however, if you wait and wait and the AMSOV still does not work, i would probably replace it