PDA

View Full Version : How do you have your 7095 set up?

NewSchool04
04/02/2010, 12:20 PM
I'm trying to see how people are running their pumps on the 7095 controller.

I have a 180 with two 6105's plugged into 1.1 and 2.1. I'm running them on interval 2, the pulse is set at 1.5s, interval at 30 seconds.

1b is set at max and 1a is set at 30%, same as 2b and 2a.

The pumps are facing each other in opposite corners of the tank.

The reason I'm doing it this way is I just read a thread and someone recommended it! I'm still playing around but looking for good suggestions.

I'm also running a wavebox in the tank in case that matters.

rvitko
04/05/2010, 08:23 AM
Placement and set up are largely personal preference and vary with tank layout and dimensions, our generic recommendation is the following-

Interval 2, with a 5-6 hr interval to replicate tidal changes.

Pulse of 3 seconds from 30% to the maximum flow your corals expand properly in and do not show stress, this can be increased over time as needed to the maximum.

One pump in each back corner aimed to hit the front pane diagonally about 2/3rds of the way across the tank, almost to the diagonal corner. This will create a rolling current that is a bit more diffuse as it glances off the front pane.

NewSchool04
04/05/2010, 08:31 AM
When the interval is set at 5 - 6 hours, does that mean one pump runs for 5 - 6 hours and then the other one? That doesn't seem optimal for a reef tank.

The set up that I described above, will this have any adverse affects on the pumps?

rvitko
04/05/2010, 10:27 AM
In Interval 2 one pump will idle at 30% for 5-6 hours and then the other will pulse and they alternate at 5-6 hour intervals, this would mimic the inflow and outflow of high and low tide. Most studies show that excessive turbulence results in poor feeding and polyp extension, most corals need a calmer, rhythmic flow that the can adapt too and by changing the direction periodically you eliminate the detritus build up.

This set up is actually the ideal for the pumps, no setting will shorten the life, but faster pulsing and off and on use increases the rate of calcium build up in the pumps.