PDA

View Full Version : Mystery wrasse with a six line

alex gonzales
04/03/2010, 09:23 PM
Do you think I can put a mystery in with a already established six line? My six line seems pretty agressive with new commers, but I have a 135 that is six foot long with lots of rock.

Breakin newz
04/03/2010, 11:55 PM
Not sure, I tried putting my sixline from my frag tank to my display that has a mystery wrasse and that was a no go, the mystery wrasse did not stop chasing him around and I had to eventually take the sixline out, I could hand feed it and was not scared of me so I got it out of the display very easy thankfully!

ocellaris123
04/04/2010, 12:01 AM
It depends, the safe answer is no they will not get along, but I have both who pretty much ignore each other in a 60 gallon reef. Both of mine are pretty mellow though compared to how they are normally described on these forums, but every fish is different.

Froggy
04/04/2010, 08:34 AM
IME no. I tried adding a second wrasse to a 75 with an established six line and the six line would not have none of it and chased and attacked it repeatedly. Before I could remove the second carpenters wrasse, I found it on the floor. :(

milkman55
04/04/2010, 10:27 AM
I have both a six line and mystery wrasse in my 120 gal, but they were both introduced when they were small and roughly about the same time. They get along fine.

I have not noticed the six line or mystery being aggressive towards tankmates. Maybe I am just lucky, because most of what I read says they are not compatible.

rssjsb
04/04/2010, 12:01 PM
My mystery wrasse killed a sixline in a 90 gallon tank.

snorvich
04/04/2010, 02:29 PM
Generally, the answer would be no. Most especially if one precedes the other.