PDA

View Full Version : Apex display dead after 3 hours?

jimmyj7090
04/04/2010, 11:46 AM
I posted in another thread, but then realized that I may not have the same problem....

I purchased a new Apex yesterday. Connected it to the router, got it working with my mac, calibrated PH probe, named the outlets (didn't even have them connected), and then I notice that the display is blank.

I've unplugged and replugged the whole system, tried moving the display plug to a different USB, Nothing.

Help please....

ricde
04/04/2010, 11:56 AM
Mine's doing the same thing. If you can still access the controller via net, you can try updating both the firmware and the web pages. When doing the updates make sure the base is hooked up directly to your router.

Unfortunately for me, I updated the firmware but the web pages wouldn't update and now I can't access the controller at all.

jimmyj7090
04/04/2010, 12:07 PM
Mine died before I ever even thought about setting up the net access. I just got as far as setting it up on the home network.

I can still access the system through my computer.

The sticker on the back of the display says "AP Disp # 5331" if that matters at all.

ricde
04/04/2010, 12:37 PM
I think an update of the firmware and web pages should get you back on track. There should be some post or someone on here that can help with a work around to get the Mac to run the updater.

jimmyj7090
04/04/2010, 05:32 PM
Huh, actually come to think of it my mac did an auto update which was very odd just before the display went out. It looked just like a normal mac update, but took much longer than mac updates normally take, and it was 4 updates in one (never happens with normal mac updates).

I wonder if I am having the exact same problem?

ricde
04/04/2010, 07:01 PM
Sorry for the confusion, I meant the update for the Apex http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=48(Third link down) I believe it's the most recent.

Info for getting the updater to work with your Mac can be found on page 66 of Aquamanic's guide http://reeftech.webs.com/Apex_Controller_Handbook_V10.pdf

unbreakable
04/04/2010, 09:08 PM
try to contact Neptune if you have not already. Curt should help you out