PDA

View Full Version : Attaching sinularia

beckerjm
04/05/2010, 04:59 PM
I always have a difficult time attaching a frag of sinularia to a plug or a pieces of rubble rock. I've tried super glue gel, toothpick trick, and using thread. Nothing seems to work well, and it usually takes 3 tries before I'm successful. Am I missing something????

ritter6788
04/05/2010, 05:06 PM
I rubberband mine to small rocks and let them attach on their own. Just don't wrap it too tight, just enough to hold the frag in place. Remove the rubberband once you notice it starting to grow.

beckerjm
04/05/2010, 08:36 PM
I'll give it a try. 2 of the 3 frags I made on Friday (used super glue and thread) came loose today. THanks

Lanie
04/21/2010, 08:20 AM
I have seen a toothpick pushed through and a rubberband over the ends of the toothpick and stretched under a rock. When attached, remove ruibberband and toothpick. Of course when I want to frag softies, I cant find toothpicks or rubberbands.... Maybe I should include this is my frag kit.

I just cut a huge piece of nepthia and tied it to a rubble rock with a piece of pantyhose that I cut a small band of and stretched it out. Is holding really well and it isn't stressing the frag.

beckerjm
04/29/2010, 08:54 AM
I'll try the panty hose thing next time. I've tried the toothpick trick, but it hasn't worked for me. Thanks.