PDA

View Full Version : Getting Dead Fish out of Tank

reice05
04/05/2010, 05:46 PM
So i come home today to my Kole Tang Dead being ate by all my hermit crabs :mad: . The only problem is that he's all the way in the back corner and it kinda hard to get to him unless i take out alot of rock, not to be sound mean or anything but since he's already dead can i just leave him in there and let the hermits eat him or will it cause an ammonia spike?

thebkramer
04/05/2010, 05:55 PM
Do you have a turkey baster that you could use to blow him outta corner??? Or a long stick to move him?
I personally would not leave it in there, too risky.

Hiker_
04/05/2010, 05:58 PM
How much of it is left? If there's not much leave it and the CUC will make short work of it. Or do you have a long shishkobob skewer you can use to stick into it and pull it out? If you have fishing equipment around, get some fishing line, attach a bunch of sinkers so its heavy and attach a hook. It should be easy to snag with that.

bluetanggirl
04/05/2010, 06:38 PM
Tongs might work..

Fizz71
04/06/2010, 01:07 PM
How big is your tank and CUC? If the system is large enough it will be gone overnight.

lordofthereef
04/06/2010, 02:25 PM
Depending on the appetites of your CUC, you may be able to just leave him in there. As others have said though, this is also largely dependent on the size of your tank and the number of your CUC.