ninja_fish
04/06/2010, 08:14 AM
I was looking to purchase the following corals from bluezoo:

Torch Coral-Green with Pink Tip
Yellow Fiji Leather
Red Mushroom
Super Blue Mushroom
Fiji Zoanthids-Super Orange

Do these normally come attached to something, plug or disc?
Should I just superglue them on the rocks where I want them?

Also, I read that the Fiji Zoanthids are poisonous and should only be handled with gloves. Is this true, and is it true for any of the others I have listed?

I have a 29g tank, so I'll be buying the smallest available.

TwistedEnvy
04/06/2010, 10:24 PM
Zoanthids are poisonous, some people say use gloves, I say don't let your dog eat them and you definitely shouldn't. It shouldn't ----shouldn't----- cause any problems for you. Torch corals are almost always on a stem of some sort so you can attach it to a pice of rock, put it in a crevice, or just put it on the sand where it will stand up and you should be fine.

Mushrooms are all the same. I used to really like them, now that they have killed a couple things I really like I don't like them at all. Do with them what you will

Leathers can be easily attached by placing a small piece of rubble rock and your leather in a mesh netting piece. I bought about 100 from walmart in their bridal section- just a mesh cloth almost. Place them inside and rubber band the netting closed so they sit in the netting loosely. Give it about a week usually and the leather is secure.