PDA

View Full Version : Is may cepistularia carying eggs

Diamandi
04/06/2010, 10:28 AM
Just noticed this:
http://www.reef-center-host.com/pix/albums/userpics/10141/normal_IMG_6727.jpg
on my cepistularia coral and first of all wanned to share it with you. 2-nd wanned to make sure it's the coral eggs.

Thanks in advance for your replys :)

fishome25
04/06/2010, 10:50 AM
I don't really know either way. but I would keep an eye out for nudis.

velvetelvis
04/06/2010, 03:26 PM
I don't think corals store their eggs like that (I'm not sure if cespitularia reproduces with eggs anyway). As far as I know, corals release their eggs and sperm at the same time, and then the larvae become part of big plankton rafts and drift with the tides.

Those are probably going to hatch into something nasty that will feed on your coral(s). I'd probably put it into an isolated quarantine tank and keep a sharp eye on it, maybe post the pic in the diseases and parasites forum.

atrox
04/06/2010, 03:30 PM
I don't think corals store their eggs like that (I'm not sure if cespitularia reproduces with eggs anyway). As far as I know, corals release their eggs and sperm at the same time, and then the larvae become part of big plankton rafts and drift with the tides.

Those are probably going to hatch into something nasty that will feed on your coral(s). I'd probably put it into an isolated quarantine tank and keep a sharp eye on it, maybe post the pic in the diseases and parasites forum.

I absolutely agree, but I would be excited to see what they are, so set up a QT tank with the same water, and place the coral in there, and see what hatches.

velvetelvis
04/06/2010, 10:08 PM
atrox, is the python in your avatar yours? She's beautiful!

atrox
04/07/2010, 07:07 AM
Yes, but beauty with a bite!