PDA

View Full Version : April Meeting - Earth Day Event, April 17th!

estanoche
04/08/2010, 03:26 PM
In lieu of our meeting this month we have been asked to represent aquaculturing, reef sustainability, and our oceans at Spokane's Earth Day event.

What we are asking our members: Donate a couple hours of your time, come down to our table (bring a chair for yourself too), hang out, and talk to some of the passer's by about reefkeeping and the fun we have practicing techniques to save our oceans!

Event details:
April 17th
Hours: 11 AM to 5 PM
Location: Downtown Spokane - on Main, between Division and Browne.

When we have our specific table location we will post it here in the thread as well as send it via email.

Let us know when you can stop by and donate some time! We will have a small tank or two set up to demonstrate captive bred fish, as well as informational articles, and notes on how to get involved and become a member available to anyone who stops by.

Pick a shift if you can - or just drop in when you are in the area. The busiest time will likely be earlier in the day, so if you can help with setup and lunchtime shifts that would be much appreciated!

Shift 1 - Setup - 10:30 to 12:30
Shift 2 - 11:30 to 1:30
Shift 3 - 12:30 to 2:30
Shift 4 - 1:30 to 3:30
Shift 5 - 2:30 to 4:30
Shift 6 - Teardown - 3:30 to 5:30

Donations needed:
Small tank
Standard percula clownfish
Small heater
Small skimmer or pump or airstone
Creativity in making posterboard signs
Signboards, posterboards
Smiling faces!

and more, we will post them at spcdareefs.org as we think of them!

See you at Earth Day!

estanoche
04/08/2010, 03:28 PM
LOL - and on a side note - WOW, I thought I had at least posted here once back when I first signed up for my RC account... but guess I've always been a troll!! What a despicable post count..

:bounce3:

returnofsid
04/12/2010, 12:56 PM
Welcome to RC....TROLL!!!! lol