PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of questions

ANC
04/08/2010, 06:47 PM
I just bought a GFO reactor from BRS and i need to buy a pump for it...I have a 20gal tank and will soon add a 10gal sump. I think a maxi 1200 would be to much but I don't know so could someone please point me in the right direction?

Second question is about weld-on. I recently bough some weld-on 4 and weld-on 16 with a couple applicators because I thought I was going to build my own fuge and tank but I'm not going to any time soon so I'm looking to sell this stuff. Will I have any problems shipping it?

Any help with these problems/situation is greatly appreciated.

Just thought of a third question about RO/DI waste water...Can I use the waste water in a freshwater tank after I treat it for the chlorine and such?

SleepyMike
04/08/2010, 08:21 PM
I just recently added a duel gfo carbon reactor from BRS and put the recomended pump on it. I think it was the maxi 1200. I dont think you want to put a smaller one on because you want enough flow to make the gfo tumble. If you get a smaller one it might not be enough pressure. In mine I almost think I could of used one size bigger pump.

bertoni
04/08/2010, 08:31 PM
The water from the waste side of the RO/DI will be better than straight tapwater in a number of ways, with a bit more calcium and alkalinity. Some cichlids might appreciate it quite a bit. Discus might have more of a problem, I guess, but I haven't keep freshwater fish myself for a very long time.

Shane Hoffman
04/08/2010, 08:35 PM
The BRS reactor should have came with a valve to regulate the amount of flow coming out of the maxi jet. I use the 1200 and it works great.

mcfeefer
04/08/2010, 08:49 PM
I have a BRS duel reactor and use the mj 1200 and it works great.

ANC
04/09/2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the help on those two issues...anyone have any clue whether I will have a problem shipping the weld-on products? I dont want to put them up for sale if I wont be able to ship them without it being a hassle.