PDA

View Full Version : Fish

Dcollier
04/11/2010, 01:13 PM
what kind of fish can i put in a 35 g tank???

Falconeer
04/11/2010, 01:21 PM
Plenty of different kinds. What kind of tank are you looking to do?

Lannyrx7
04/11/2010, 01:22 PM
look up on different fish selling websites. Usually they will have tank size recommendations. You can mostly go with fish that are 3" and less when full grown. Gobys, blennys, damsels, dottybacks, basslets, clowns, etc.

Falconeer
04/11/2010, 01:25 PM
look up on different fish selling websites. Usually they will have tank size recommendations. You can mostly go with fish that are 3" and less when full grown. Gobys, blennys, damsels, dottybacks, basslets, clowns, etc.

Could also do some a dwarf angel, no?

Essentially, there are plenty of possibilities, but you need to decide what direction you want your tank to go in, and look at the fish online like lanny said.

Sisterlimonpot
04/11/2010, 01:29 PM
A better way is to ask, what kind of fish do you want to but in your tank?

Dcollier
04/11/2010, 01:38 PM
i have a 12g going right now and i have two clowns and a goby , they will be moved when the tank has cycled. i really wanted to get a blue tag, I have looked up on the blue tag and i dont think i can . Just looking to add a really nice looking fish

Sisterlimonpot
04/11/2010, 01:44 PM
you won't be able to have any tang in a 35 gallon. although they look awesome a 75 gallon is the utmost smallest tank. You may be able to get away with having a hippo tang for a short amount of time but it will outgrow that 35 in no time.

And no I'm not a member of the tang police, however there are some lines that I wouldn't even cross. :D

Dcollier
04/11/2010, 01:47 PM
what about a yellow tang??

Falconeer
04/11/2010, 01:56 PM
i have a 12g going right now and i have two clowns and a goby , they will be moved when the tank has cycled. i really wanted to get a blue tag, I have looked up on the blue tag and i dont think i can . Just looking to add a really nice looking fish

Maybe a flame angel?

Or some other dwarf angel? I was under the impression that certain species could handle tanks of the 30-35 gallon size.

Sisterlimonpot
04/11/2010, 01:57 PM
what about a yellow tang??

too big, although I have seen them come in to the LFS very small. but just like any tang the 35 won't be home for long. the thing with tangs is that they need plenty of room to swim. they swim miles and miles on a daily basis and when you subject them to a small tank they get stressed really quick. Many of the guys on this forum suggest that even a 125g is too small for a tang.