PDA

View Full Version : Adding T5 retro to T5 fixture

kluivertfan2
04/11/2010, 06:12 PM
For my 90 gallon, I plan on adding a 4 bulb T5 retro to my existing 4 bulb T5 fixture.
So I need to pick 8 bulbs to fill my endcaps.
I have
4 ATI Blue+
1 UVL 75/25
1 UVL Indigo Sun
2 Current USA 460nm Actinic Blue
and
2 Current USA Daylight 10,000K SlimPaq high output T5 lamps

The current fixture only has the Current USA bulbs. What combination of 8 bulbs would be best to start with to avoid burning my coral?
I plan on lowering my photo-period as well, but I'm not sure how much. Currently I run them for 11 hours. I'm assuming this will be fine, but is there anything else I may need to consider?

clevebill
04/11/2010, 06:47 PM
how about do what i did to my nova extrem pro tore out the crapy reflectors i put 4 icecap reflectors and ati bulbs and way better now than the 6 bulb it was.the nova extrem pro reflectors are nothing to write home about found out the hard way.here is a pic

kluivertfan2
04/11/2010, 07:21 PM
how about do what i did to my nova extrem pro tore out the crapy reflectors i put 4 icecap reflectors and ati bulbs and way better now than the 6 bulb it was.the nova extrem pro reflectors are nothing to write home about found out the hard way.here is a pic

How hard was it to do that, I'm pretty disinclined to DIY work. Do you have any sort of a build thread where you described how to do it?

kluivertfan2
04/11/2010, 07:30 PM
never mind, just saw it clips right onto the bulbs. I'll have to look into that as well. More PAR!