PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on a 15g stocklist

songz89
04/11/2010, 10:53 PM
I have a 15g which has been running for about a month now. All I have in there right are 3 green chromis and a CuC and I'm looking give away my 3 chromis to my buddy. After giving away my chromis, I was planning to get...

1x Pygmy Cherub Angel
2x True Perc. Clowns
1x goby or blenny of some sort (suggestions on that too?)

...and this won't be right away, I won't be getting them very soon, it'll be a while, just seeing what my options were.

I know all the sites say Pygmy Cherub should be 30g min. but I've seen so many 10g and 20g and even a 5.5g with a Cherub Angel so I just wanted to see if you guys had anything to share.

If anything, I might just go with 1 true perc. instead of 2..let me know what you guys think!

thanks for your inputs :thumbsup:

small alien
04/12/2010, 01:53 PM
skip the angel and it could work IMO,

Toddrtrex
04/12/2010, 02:22 PM
For that sized tank, I would just stick with the pair of clowns. That angel, while small, is very aggressive -- more so in a small tank.

Over time, the clowns will claim the whole tank as theirs, so mixing the two won't end very well.

Ideally, should have just the 2 clowns, but if you want another fish, I suppose a clown goby might work.

songz89
04/12/2010, 02:29 PM
alright i guess the angel's a NO then...how bout a pair of percs and shrimp/goby pair? that should be cool right?

Boxelder
04/12/2010, 02:33 PM
I have a 14 gallon biocube with a pair of clown fish, a tiger pistol shrimp paired with a watchman goby, and a cleaner shrimp. It's a fun tank. the highlight would be the goby shrimp pair. everyone loves them, esp. me. Very interesting to watch, always makes for an interesting conversation.

If I could change anything I might take out the clowns. I have another pair in my 80 gallon. I'd probably consider a clown goby and a smaller wrasse instead. They are fun to watch but the tank might be a little small for them. The male has to hide in the corner all day, the female only lets him out at sunset and sunrise :(.

Also, want to add that the cleaner shrimp came last and since then my goby and pistol have been less active. the goby is getting used to the cleaner now, but the cleaner (we call him "the Dr.") is always groping the goby with his feelers and the goby bites at them. He's a one shrimp goby.

songz89
04/12/2010, 02:48 PM
I have a 14 gallon biocube with a pair of clown fish, a tiger pistol shrimp paired with a watchman goby, and a cleaner shrimp. It's a fun tank. the highlight would be the goby shrimp pair. everyone loves them, esp. me. Very interesting to watch, always makes for an interesting conversation.

If I could change anything I might take out the clowns. I have another pair in my 80 gallon. I'd probably consider a clown goby and a smaller wrasse instead. They are fun to watch but the tank might be a little small for them. The male has to hide in the corner all day, the female only lets him out at sunset and sunrise :(.

Also, want to add that the cleaner shrimp came last and since then my goby and pistol have been less active. the goby is getting used to the cleaner now, but the cleaner (we call him "the Dr.") is always groping the goby with his feelers and the goby bites at them. He's a one shrimp goby.

nice nice...i think i'm def. gonna go with a goby/shrimp pair and atleast 1 true perc..if i only decide to get 1 true perc..i'd have room for 1 more right? what do you think the last fish could be? i'd really like something thats active!

Boxelder
04/12/2010, 04:03 PM
This a decent active fish for a nano, http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2124+57&pcatid=57 but really, the fact that the tank is small means it's best suited for fish who don't swim around a lot.

cherubfish pair
04/12/2010, 04:04 PM
How about a tank raised Banggai Cardinal? They have an interesting shape and the silver stripes really stand out. Tank raised fishes increase your odds of success greatly.

Boxelder
04/12/2010, 08:23 PM
I want to also tell you not to get discouraged by what you can't do with the little reef. I love mine, even with my 80 gallon, I'm keeping it no question. it really lets you focus on things that get lost in big tanks, like the goby shrimp pair, or a sexy shrimp ricordea pair. I know every time my hermit crabs change shells.