PDA

View Full Version : What system would you recommend

Soultwater
04/12/2010, 05:27 AM
Iím in the market for a RODI system.
Eventually Iíll be using well water but not at first. Are there any differences when using well water from city water? Also I have concerns running a RODI system off a well pump should I be concerned with burning up a well pump?
What system would you recommend for my situation?
I have been looking at the BFS-160 and BFS-204

Thanks in advance

Buckeye Hydro
04/12/2010, 09:27 AM
Iím in the market for a RODI system.
Eventually Iíll be using well water but not at first. Are there any differences when using well water from city water? Also I have concerns running a RODI system off a well pump should I be concerned with burning up a well pump?
What system would you recommend for my situation?
I have been looking at the BFS-160 and BFS-204

Thanks in advance

Thanks for contacting us.

There are no real differences between systems run on "city water" vs those designed for well water. That said, it is really the water chemistry/wter quality that drives the components/configuration of a water treatment system. So you can have low quality water from either source that might drive you to configure a treatment system in a way other than "typical."

The vast majority of our customers on residential well water end up successfully using our RO and RODI systems in their standard configuration. Some problems that you may see in well water more commonly that city water include hardness, high sediment loads, iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide.

I don't think I'd be too concerned about your well pump. In a typical day you might produce 2 gallons of RODI water (I'm not sure how big your aquarium is and how much top off water you use daily). At typical 4:1 ratio of waste water to purified water, you'd be using a total of 10 gallons of water, including the waste water. A typical shower consumes about 3 to 5 gallons per minute, for purposes of comparison.

I'd recommend you look at the BFS161 - the 75 gpd Premium Series RODI. The 75 gpd membrane does a better job of cleaning the water than the 100 gpd membrane - so you'll see longer DI resin life with the 75. I suspect your water pressure will vary between 40 and 60 psi, so that is probably too low for the 150 gpd membrane.

Russ