PDA

View Full Version : 40g reef tank sump questions :)

lolgranny
04/12/2010, 01:02 PM
Hi guys im new here and figured i would try and get some anwsers / suggestions which i have been unable to get from other sites. Here is where im at, im currently going to setup a 40gallon tank until i move into my new house because i miss my old tank(75g which was destroyed by the person watching my house while out of town :( ) Anyhow im looking for a sump for the tank.

I have came across a CAD 12g fuge sump which looked nice plus it comes with a, from what i have read a GOOD skimmer. http://www.oceanreeflections.com/refugiums.aspx Im open for suggestions and im sure i will eventually have a large load of sps corals.

I appreciate the information ahead of time,
Thanks guys!
-David

crazy4reefs
04/13/2010, 05:54 AM
IMO the "all in one" solutions are often a waste of money typically you can build your own that will better suit your needs or you can watch craigslist or ebay and buy used equipment at a considerable savings

mudskipper1
04/13/2010, 07:02 AM
When I had my 40 breeder, a 20L worked perfectly as my sump, i would recommend building your own sump/fuge so that you can have exactly what you want.

lolgranny
04/13/2010, 05:25 PM
Ya i was thinking about going with the making it myself way to save some coin. Ive got the baffles but im unsure of what kind of silicone to use. I hear DAP has a aquarium safe silicone (from what it says on the bottle)
Thanks for the heads up :)