PDA

View Full Version : Clown not eating.......what do I do ?

aussie_chicago
04/12/2010, 07:19 PM
Have 2 oc clowns,1 bigger than the other,with an RBA, all was well, both swimming and hosting with the anem'. Noticed in the last few days,the smaller clown is not swimming around the tank like he was, just staying close to the anem,and more importantly, not eating at all. It looks ok,no obvious signs of stress other than ab normal behaviour. What could be wrong? Do I need to QT it? All other fish seem ok, as well as the bigger clown. Ive had a minor outbreak of hair algae lately, but all water parameters look normal.
Help............:worried:

Trademark
04/12/2010, 07:29 PM
Is he temding to a clutch of eggs? watch his and her activity for a while you should be able to tell

TCT
04/12/2010, 09:54 PM
I would look around for eggs as posted above....if his attention is concentrated in one area near their anemone, the chance of this is high. The male will tend to the eggsmost of the time,...rarely leaving them...Does it look like he is "fanning" an area with his tail?....

aussie_chicago
04/13/2010, 11:12 AM
Not really fanning,and I dont see any obviuos sign of eggs anywhere.He shivers when the female approaches,but they are not aggressive to each other.I also noticed it looks like he is trying to "poop",I see an opening behind the bottom fins,with what looks like waste trying to come out,but not coming out.I dont know if this means anything .