PDA

View Full Version : zeovit

reeefraf
04/13/2010, 09:56 AM
Since Zeovit doesnt post ingredients, it is safe for humans sticking you hand in the tank after the addition of all this bacteria, etc...

Also, cost aside, is Zeovit a good way to go to to improve coral growth and color?

thanks

soulsigma
04/13/2010, 02:00 PM
I understand where your comming from but the ultimate question is is it safer to be sticking our hands in trhe tank period with even the chemicals that list their ingrediantas? something that makes you go Hummmmmmmmm:crazy1:

I don"t run a full blown zeovite system but I do incorporate some of their products into my tank to obtain optimal water parameters. Because my corals are recovering from brown- out, STN from laying in the sand and bleaching due to shipping stress, I can say that since I've started using some of the zeovite products along with NP Bio-pellets and Tropic marine reef ac-tiff salt, my corals are perking up and becoming more healthy looking and even extending their polyps during the 12hr lighting period and my water parameters are optimal. And keep in mind they make several products for tanks not utilizing the zeovite system. Remember each tank is different and every one have their own goals that they want to achieve for their glass box.

bertoni
04/13/2010, 04:28 PM
I avoided putting my hands in the tank as much as possible, but maybe my skin is more prone to problems than others. I doubt that ZeoVit increases the risk of disease, but it might.

People report good results with ZeoVit systems, so the product might work, at least some of them. They might be equivalent to other carbon dosing schemes, though.

soulsigma
04/13/2010, 07:04 PM
I avoided putting my hands in the tank as much as possible, but maybe my skin is more prone to problems than others. I doubt that ZeoVit increases the risk of disease, but it might.

People report good results with ZeoVit systems, so the product might work, at least some of them. They might be equivalent to other carbon dosing schemes, though.

+ 1 IMO the less I put my hands in my tank the better it thrives. Besides I use the red and blue aqua gloves which protect me and my reef.