PDA

View Full Version : MY UPGRADING PROCESS, 55 to 135

Blakeup295
04/13/2010, 11:42 AM
im upgrading my 55 gallon reef tank to my 135 gallon tank both r right next to eachother right now but 135 gallon just has some water and new live sand, heres the thing im upgrading around 3-5 today so i need tips and info if can help please! the plan so far is to drain all the water out of my 55 into a large plastic tub prob a big new clean trashcan and put live rock and fish in it then move 55 gallon tank in my 135 gallon stand couse im going to turn it into a sump, then pump water from container into my new tank and move liverock and fish into new tank as it fills, i would go staight from tank to tank but i need to take out a peice of the stand to fit my 55 inside it then put back on then fill up water. please if u have any tips to keeping my fish allive and keeping the stress as low as i can i would love the help all i want is my fish to stay happy.

please! let me know if im doing somthing wrong or somthing i can do to help my fish.
**this was posted yesturday around 2**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**this was posted this morning**

ok so this is how its gone so far (still not done!) haha, But i went straight away and started pumping all the water into my 45 gal tub and as water level reached the liverock i have i very carfully took it out and placed into the tub then with no rocks and about only 6 inches of water cought all the fish and eel with nets and placed into tub then put a little bit of there water into the big tank to start mixxing with water in there and then drained the rest out of my old tank into the tub then we poped out the middle support to the stand and slid the 55 gallon tank under the stand. (this is where a huge problem sprang up) when i went to put the support wood peice back there was allmost a inch of empty space!!! at this point i knew i didnt want to leave all my fish and coral in this tub while i measure what wood i need and i go buy new wood and loose all my fish i did all that i could think of and stuck my metal zippo lighter in the place its still there fits perfectly i hammered it to cover as much space as it can and its holding great with even the full tank filled! buuut after i did that i started to pump all the water into the new tank same meathod as tank finally all fish and coral are in new tank with all new water and 65 gallons of there old water (from old sump too) but the tank has been soooo foggie from sand its just starting to go down this morning and ive seen all my fish still swimming around exp one i call him the sandy fish (couse hes onne thoose fish that eat and clean my sand) i hope hes ok, i see the eel moving around too lights dont turn on till 12 so well all know about the corals then!

I still have to get old livesand out of 55 gallon into new tank and completally clean in all and then install my pecies of glass to seperate my sump (i will have skimmer section/ refugim/ live rock/ then heater and return) and will have to do all this whiel its under my 135 gallon new tank will be hard but worth it!! never give up! haha i will be posting as i go and will try to get pics as i go thruoght this week also.

If have any ideas to help please let me know!

Blakeup295
04/13/2010, 02:38 PM
ok new update* ive just been letting the water clear up in my fish tank and i tohught hey ill use one of my old standerd hangon filters that will grab a bunch of the stuff thats clouding the water and my tank was too close to the wall now i wouldent care but i need abput the same ammount of room for my overflow box sooooo i had to drain alot of water back into my 45 gal tub and move the tank a little i only got one side to move so now tanks a lil crooked ill figure that out l8er but i filled back up my tank and put water back now still waiting for cloudy water to go away from all the sand have a little filter to try to help.. i em now also cleaning the 55 gallon and dumping the livesand into tank.

If have any ideas to help please let me know!

Blakeup295
04/14/2010, 02:13 PM
ok so now this is the stage im at im now getting everything out of my bottom / old tank and give it a good clean (witch is really hard when its down there) then im going to silicone glass peaces to make my sump then hook up my overflow and pump

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108938&stc=1&d=1271275884

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108937&stc=1&d=1271275867

if you have any info to help please do!!