PDA

View Full Version : how come my phosban in the phosban reactor does not fludizied properly ?

chercm
04/15/2010, 06:07 AM
pls advice

the fluidized action does not last one night only and the next day only fluidized one side

paullisa51708
04/15/2010, 06:33 AM
fluidized meaning that it only flows on one side?

chercm
04/15/2010, 06:50 AM
nope

i tuned it to have phosban jumping on the media surface but over night it got stuck to one side

paullisa51708
04/15/2010, 07:05 AM
mine never flows even either i guess if it were totally level it would but water will take the easyest path to flow i had a prob of alage clogin the pad at the bottom and pushin everything up soled it by puttin a sponge around the pump so not to clog the pad and push all the media to the top
hth

stanlalee
04/15/2010, 08:02 AM
thats not overly important. It should shift around depending randomly on how the media fall or depending on what media is being used. I've been getting pretty even distribution as of late but I've had it flow only on one side just to wake up with it on the other side or even. I also shake and twist it a little to try help even the distribution if neccessary. I have the ViaAqua. what media are you fluidizing? GFO/carbon shouldn't be fluidized anyway just a some minor boiling mostly at the surface.

chercm
04/15/2010, 08:18 AM
thats not overly important. It should shift around depending randomly on how the media fall or depending on what media is being used. I've been getting pretty even distribution as of late but I've had it flow only on one side just to wake up with it on the other side or even. I also shake and twist it a little to try help even the distribution if neccessary. I have the ViaAqua. what media are you fluidizing? GFO/carbon shouldn't be fluidized anyway just a some minor boiling mostly at the surface.

i am using phosban from Two little fishes

a9reef
04/16/2010, 06:49 AM
Watch some YouTube videos about phosban, you'll get an idea of what flow people are running

chercm
04/16/2010, 08:07 AM
is this the one ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvYEd3p7i1o

mayjong
04/16/2010, 10:21 AM
i wouldn't worry about it, my phosban (and now my GFO) doesn't move that much.
here is the real test-
measure the phosphate in your tank. now measure the phosphate in the water coming out of your reactor...
easy-peasy