Blue Linkia Star
Sally Lightfoot Crab
10 Red Legged Hermits
8 Mexican Turbo Snails
7 Cerith Snails
5 Nassarus Snails

KJAhp098
04/15/2010, 08:02 AM
I would stay away from the green brittle star. You could double everything you have listed and increase it as needed. Just make sure you start small and get more or else they'll starve.

dcombs44
04/15/2010, 08:16 AM
I'd stay away from crabs if it were me.

I'd go with Turbo, Cerith, Nassarius, and Trochus Snails. As mentioned, start with a smaller amount, and if you can sustain them, add a few more.

As far as amounts of each, I'd go mostly nassarius, followed by Cerith, then Trochus, then Turbo, just based on size of each.

Crabs kill snails, and while some are efficient cleaners, I think snails do as good of a job for the most part and typically won't kill each other.

Many will disagree, but just my opinion.

dcombs44
04/15/2010, 08:19 AM
Like your pup by the way. Is it a pit?

Here's mine :)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/dcombs44/Laila4.jpg

sean A.
04/15/2010, 08:24 AM
Yes he's a Pit. I breed them on the side. Also my tank is BB

dcombs44
04/15/2010, 08:34 AM
Hmm...If it's bare bottom, I'd steer clear of the nassarius and maybe the ceriths. Not sure they'll do well without a sandbed. May wait for somebody else to chime in.

brycerb
04/15/2010, 01:00 PM
Whatever you do decide liveaquaria.com has free shipping for CUC's over $60.

jmoney
04/15/2010, 04:52 PM
you could always try live feeder shrimp Palaemontes Vulgaris, this kind really cleans up a tank fast ...supposedly 1 is worth ten blue legged hermits and, the benefit is they can be food for some fish

ireefn
04/15/2010, 04:57 PM
I would stay away from the green brittle star. You could double everything you have listed and increase it as needed. Just make sure you start small and get more or else they'll starve.

Ken, I was wondering why stay away from the brittle star?

Dadekster
04/15/2010, 07:50 PM
I'd stay away from crabs if it were me.

I'd go with Turbo, Cerith, Nassarius, and Trochus Snails. As mentioned, start with a smaller amount, and if you can sustain them, add a few more.

As far as amounts of each, I'd go mostly nassarius, followed by Cerith, then Trochus, then Turbo, just based on size of each.

Crabs kill snails, and while some are efficient cleaners, I think snails do as good of a job for the most part and typically won't kill each other.

Many will disagree, but just my opinion.

+1 on this, good solid advice.

Skip the nass. snails if no sandbed. Cerith should do ok, that's what I have the most of for my tank and they are about 50/50 sides and on sandbed. I find Nerites to be good glass polishers too.