PDA

View Full Version : ORA verde sliming alot? HELP

alcove
04/15/2010, 09:15 AM
I just added a few corals to my new system and everything is looking good i added a maricultured A.florida, ORA pearlberry,ORA nana, ORA purple somthing and the ORA verde is only getting PE near the tips and sliming out of its lower coralites i have only had it for a few days but everything else seems fine the corals are glued/epoxied into their places(spaced out for growth into colonies) im just scared to come home to some RTN which is never fun. a little help please?

fishguy597
04/15/2010, 10:33 AM
How long ago did you put these corals in? Most people put there corals on the bottom of the tank for a week or two to let them get used to the light. Then move them around to see where they do best in there tanks. To me it sounds like that Verdi is stressing. How strong are your lights? How new of a tank? I let my tank run 6 months with a few fish befor adding corals. But then again I'm having some issues w/ my corals lol.

alcove
04/15/2010, 10:46 AM
my lighting is less than what my lfs had so it is now under 250 watt 14k and was under a 400 watt 14 or 20k, aquarium water is typically ok for corals long before it is suitable for fish or at least in my experience it is. ive always had a green thumb for sps and a tougher time keeping zoos and softies happy. i just think its wierd that of the 4 new acros this one has a problem