PDA

View Full Version : ocellaris clownfish help

andrew5013
04/15/2010, 02:36 PM
my ocellaris clownfish has developed some black spots all over his body and behind his pectoral fins, they just seemed to show up. He seems to be in good body condition and is eating like a champ. Any suggestions? I had a hard time taking a picture because I dont have that great of a camera and he doesnt stay still long enough to take a pic. Thanks!

rkelman
04/15/2010, 05:12 PM
Sounds like coral stings. Which is no problem.

andrew5013
04/15/2010, 05:51 PM
there are no corals that can sting in the tank just some zoas and a ric

returnofsid
04/15/2010, 09:36 PM
Hyper Melanization. Very common when Clownfish use corals, instead of an anemone, as a host.

Chris27
04/16/2010, 10:07 AM
Black Ich? If so, Prazipro will fix it.

Toddrtrex
04/16/2010, 03:30 PM
there are no corals that can sting in the tank just some zoas and a ric

Both zoas and rics have been known to cause black spots in clowns that have attempted to be hosted by them.

rkelman
04/16/2010, 05:15 PM
Prazipro for ich? I don't think so...

Chris27
04/19/2010, 08:33 AM
Prazipro for ich? I don't think so...

Black ich....spend a little more time reading before you open your mouth....it's a flatworm, and PraziPro is a good treatment.

rkelman
04/19/2010, 05:46 PM
Your response was very rude and unwarranted. I'm well aware of what "Black Ich" is Formalin is a more tried and true method in my opinion. I have used Prazi pro in the past for various things and feel it is good for some things I'm not of the opinion its a good treatment for this particular organism which is why I said "I don't think so" I am free to "open my mouth" and give my opinion thank you. Go crawl back under your rock. I won't be feeding you anymore.

clowns101
04/19/2010, 06:26 PM
Black ich....spend a little more time reading before you open your mouth....it's a flatworm, and PraziPro is a good treatment.

Your response was very rude and unwarranted. I'm well aware of what "Black Ich" is Formalin is a more tried and true method in my opinion. I have used Prazi pro in the past for various things and feel it is good for some things I'm not of the opinion its a good treatment for this particular organism which is why I said "I don't think so" I am free to "open my mouth" and give my opinion thank you. Go crawl back under your rock. I won't be feeding you anymore.

I have room to open my mouth here.I also know what Black Ich is.Very strong aggervating form of parasite.PraziPro does treat for flat-worms,but for better faster results as rkelman stated Formalin is a much better form of treating this parasite creature.