PDA

View Full Version : Tank top off?!?!

lolgranny
04/15/2010, 07:18 PM
Just wondering what people are using to top off there tanks other then manually doing it everyday. Wasn't sure if there was a more convenient method??

Thanks loves.
David

Chipie
04/15/2010, 07:24 PM
Get a kit from http://www.autotopoff.com/with 2 float switches+ a little pump and your all set. Of course there are others like the Tunze Osmolator which is more expensive but very nice and accurate. I used both and they both worked great.

gildorph
04/15/2010, 07:36 PM
I use a JBJ ATO and a RIO minipump. I topoff with Kalk and this has been foolproof for me for the last couple of years.

LPS_Blasto
04/15/2010, 07:48 PM
I'm currently building a completely automated top off system. It will top off the sump automatically from an RO storage tank. The RO storage tank is going to be automatically filled with automatic RO pump. A second storage tank for RO waste water that is to be recycled on the lawn or in the washing machine. It will have redundant safety switches for as many things as I can cram into one project box. I'm looking into audible alarms but that adds more complexity to an already busy system.

I may start selling a DIY kit with all the parts, a project panel and some instructions. But only if I can make it all work as designed. :reading:

lolgranny
04/15/2010, 11:10 PM
Awesome i will defiantly look into them. Im setting up my tank later this week and wanted to know because im sure the halide will be causing alot of evaporation. Espically with working all the time i want to make it easier / so i can be lazier lol.

Ding2daDong
04/15/2010, 11:47 PM
Tunze ATO if you want to spend the money but you will not replace a tunze ato unit ever! If you want to go on the cheap side but still a good unit, get the top off unit from autotopoff.com.

hth

-Matthew