PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Opinion

qwikcustoms
04/15/2010, 10:57 PM
I am in the process of going in a different direction with my setup. I plan on going to clownfish and anemones only with a few softies . Softies will be types that a clown might host . I am also lucky to be offered a new hatch . Not that young,already weened (?) to eat cyclo . I also own a gbta .
The tank will be a 40 breeder with a 40 breeder sump/fuge . Rockscape will be minimun with a few islands for the anemones and some open space for a carpet . If all goes well I will be upgrading within the year to a 200 dd so growout is not an issue .
I currently have a fixture ,2 150mh with 4 39w t5's . I would like to switch out to 6-t5's for heat reasons. My question(finally,lol) is this going to be enough light or should I just stay with what I have ? If I do stay what are the best k mh's ,t5's for anemones . Thanks all in advance.

Toddrtrex
04/15/2010, 11:02 PM
What type of "carpet" ? Gig or Haddoni? Personally I am not a fan of mixing different species of anemones. Years ago I had a Haddoni with BTA's, the whole time they were in the tank together the Haddoni was always moving. Right after I sold off all the BTAs, it stopped.

Anyways, either light should work well for BTA's. Unless you go for all actinic with the T5's, I wouldn't worry about the color temp you go with -- all should be fine, just go with what you like best.