PDA

View Full Version : Blue Regal Starting to Scratch

MatesonG
04/16/2010, 11:52 AM
I purchased a regal yesterday and treated it with Seachem Para Guard while acclimating it. Today it is out and swimming and eating but is starting to scratch onto the rocks and sand. I know the lady i bought it from and the fish does not have ich, nor do any of my fish in my tank.

What could of caused this?

Should I take out the regal and re-dip it with more para guard? or will that stress it more?

I have a QT tank but from my experience, when keep a fish in my QT tank till i see it is healthy, when i move it that seems to stress it out again and its like starting over. IDK what to do.

all of your expertise will be helpful!!

thanks!

inthesea
04/16/2010, 12:24 PM
As long as the fish is eating, I would leave it in the tank and keep a close eye on it. Every time have taken a fish out for treating, they have died due to stress. Feeding varied diet mixed with vitamins will help the fish overcome its illness.

MatesonG
04/16/2010, 01:39 PM
Right now I am feeding the 50/50 plus from H2O Life Aquarium Foods twice daily and i ad the Brightwell Garlic Power drops to the food also. Any specific food I should be trying that is higher in vitamins?

jjk_reef00
04/16/2010, 10:02 PM
Could be flukes, did you see any fall off when you did the dip? I try to dip my fish in a dark container so it is easier to see the flukes if there are any.

RBU1
04/17/2010, 06:18 AM
Is this fish in QT or did you acclimate him to the main tank? If you just acclimated him to the main tank water while using para guard I am afraid you may have introduced ich to your main tank. I was involved with several discussions about the effectiveness of paraguard against ich and the overall consensus was that Paraguard was not a good choice for parasites. Seachem also told me that inorder for paraguard to have any chance of working on parasites the fish has to remain in it for 30 days. That means you would have to re-dose your tank daily because paraguard is useless in water after 24 hours. Paraguard is not a good choice as a dip.

MatesonG
04/18/2010, 03:15 PM
Well I have been watching closely and is has not been doing that anymore. It i out and about now, eating and hanging out with all the others in the tank. I did put it straight into the display. It was very healthy when I got it and fat so IDK. Guess time will tell if I made a dumb mistake...again