PDA

View Full Version : Is this a proper stocking list for 93g cube?

E-A-G-L-E-S
04/16/2010, 06:22 PM
Looking to put together my fish stocking list. Want to make sure I'm good.

Fish I currently have:
-yellow coris wrasse
-lined chromis
-fridmani dottyback

Fish I would like to add over time:
-yellow watchman goby
-lawnmower blennie
-unchosen fairy wrasse
-single bartlett's anthias
-mated pair of ocellaris clowns
-yellow tang

Any feedback is appreciated!

E-A-G-L-E-S
04/18/2010, 03:30 PM
Any opinions?

wampuscat
04/18/2010, 05:57 PM
You could have like 15 to 17 fish, you better get busy.

IFbettas
04/18/2010, 08:37 PM
I think that depending on the dimensions of your tank, you should be able to keep all of those together. If your tank is less than 4 feet long, you should hold off on the yellow tang.

The only possible problem I see is the pseudo. It will most likely bully a fairy wrasse and other peaceful species.

Make sure you cover your tank really well, or you will find the anthias and wrasses on othe floor someday.

E-A-G-L-E-S
04/19/2010, 05:18 PM
The Lined Chromis is intimidated by both the coris wrasse and fridmani and he was the first in the tank.
My dimensions are in my first post. 30x30x24.

IFbettas
04/19/2010, 05:48 PM
The Lined Chromis is intimidated by both the coris wrasse and fridmani and he was the first in the tank.
My dimensions are in my first post. 30x30x24.

When I said pseudo, I meant the pseudochromis fridmani.

What species do you mean by lined chromis?

With those dimensions, I would definately not get a yellow tang.

Elysia
04/19/2010, 06:11 PM
I love lined chromis -- they are the spitting image of the Vanderbilt's chromis. Such great little fish.

I am thinking of a 93 gallon cube for my next tank. What about a Kole tang?

Brickyardgreg
04/20/2010, 10:42 AM
IMO that tank isn't long enough for any tang. You have a very nice stock list otherwise. Tangs are great but when they don't have proper room they will be stressed and prone to illness. Add a few small fish and you'll be set.

Brickyardgreg
04/20/2010, 01:19 PM
IMO that tank isn't long enough for any tang. You have a very nice stock list otherwise. Tangs are great but when they don't have proper room they will be stressed and prone to illness. Add a few small fish and you'll be set.

mark97r6
04/21/2010, 05:07 PM
If you scape the tank well, it is only just short of four foot if you think of it as a diamond shape!
I have a very similar tank im still setting up and contemplating the list of. Mines 34x34x26 I am personally in 2 minds regarding the small tangs. A safe butterfly or pygmy angel would be a nice alternative if you decide against the tang.

Mark

E-A-G-L-E-S
04/21/2010, 09:28 PM
I have had zero luck with pygmy angels and corals and clams in the past.