PDA

View Full Version : magfloat?

anblair
04/17/2010, 03:57 AM
I have a Solana and a 12G nanocube. My Solana has a magfloat that is so strong it literally moves the stand when I clean the glass. I bought a magfloat for the 12G and it is horrible. It has no strength at all to the magnet. Is this common for the smaller size? Do you guys have any recommendations to another brand or should I get one sized for a larger tank?

FearTheTerps
04/17/2010, 09:19 AM
Sounds like you have a problem with your stand, and not your magfloat. Is your tank level?

anblair
04/17/2010, 09:23 AM
The problem isn't with that magfloat... that one is strong and does it's job. The problem is with the 10 gallon magfloat that doesn't scrape anything off the glass... my friend bought one and has the same problem. The magnet is just really weak for some reason...

Dino
04/17/2010, 09:25 AM
I have a tiny little magfloat and yes, they are pretty weak. In fact mine has switched duties and now are stuck on the fridge :lol:.

I don't have one but I've seen others on here say they enjoy these types

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/glass-cleaners/the-piranha-float-magnetic-glass-cleaner.html

They're expensive but you can replace the pads on them and they supposedly work really well.

anblair
04/17/2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks! I'll go check that out.