PDA

View Full Version : tunze placement for 150

blumoon reefers
04/17/2010, 07:23 AM
I have (2) 6105 with the 7096 controller and am struggling with placement and programming of the powerheads.

Tank is 150 4x2x31" and is a mixed reef with LPS lower in the tank and some SPS placed higher.

Any recommendations?

rvitko
04/19/2010, 09:36 AM
Placement and programming are trial and error as they largely depend on tank layout and coral placement. Our generic recommendation is to use Interval mode with a 6hr interval as this roughly replicates the change of current created by the tides. I would pulse the pumps from 30% to the maximum your corals can handle, you have to base this off of observations. I would use a roughly 3 second pulse interval. You may wish to use the 12V or 15V jumpers to reduce the flow as the tank is not very long or wide.

As for placement typically places in the top back corner and aimed to hit the front of the tank 3ft away would be a good starting point. Based on tank depth I would place the pumps about 12" from the top and give the flow a slight upward angle to reduce stirring up sand and keep the flow to the LPS more gentle and diffuse.

blumoon reefers
04/19/2010, 07:25 PM
Thank you. We are still relatively new, would you mind telling me what you mean by 12v or 15v jumpers?

rvitko
04/20/2010, 08:48 AM
In the white box that the power supply came in was a small ziplock bag with lower voltage jumpers, you will unplug the 18V jumper from the power supply and plug in the 12V or 15V jumper to reduce the flow.