PDA

View Full Version : Engineer and Clowns have spots and sloughing of skin

austinite79
04/18/2010, 10:07 AM
I am very new to fish diseases. I have never had any problems before now. This looks like a fungal problem. I set up this 125 tank two weeks ago with cycled water and rock. A week ago I noticed a heavy algae spike which led me to think that the tank was cycling. My test kit recently got ruined (long story) so I have no idea about my water params other than salinity-.025 and temp about 78 F The tank was recently fit with T5's-12 of them which kinda makes me think going from Mh to T5's might have caused the algae problem. This tank has been anything but fun since the start. It is supposed to be fun. I could really use someones help that has been doing this a while. I put in some Maracyn (saltwater) yesterday and I am wondering if I should continue dosing this or go another route. The gobies seem to be the worst-it almost looks like their skin is sloughing off although I think that might be their slime coat. I couldn't get a picture of them but I have some of the clown fishes. Also I have no quarantine tank. Crap this sucks. Any suggestions or help. I would be more than willing to pass on help in the future to a fellow reefer. I just really need some professional advice. Thankyou!

austinite79
04/18/2010, 12:09 PM
Anyone?