PDA

View Full Version : Clown fish with disease signs

Justin1989
04/19/2010, 07:41 AM
Recently my mother had ended up purchasing an anemone and 2 clowns. At first the two clowns were great, then one day randomly the bigger clown would chase the small clown out of the anemone however it was only for about 10-15 minutes, maybe 3-4 times within those 15 minutes. I haven't seen either clowns have trouble with each other at all other then that. They both sleep with the anemone a night. The mark/discoloration is on the top of his head and wasn't this big at first, I noticed it maybe 2 days ago. Now its something which I know isn't normal, I figured before it was just sand or something on his head because it wasn't nearly as bad. Also when he is breathing in water it is very rapid compared to any of my other fish.

I posted this yesterday early when I really noticed the issue. At this point that fish has died as of late last night little past midnight. :(

But I am still at a loss of words to what it is. I don't know what happened, if it was caused by my tank or if this is something that came on the fish. I'm pretty sure it wasn't my tank but I don't want to completely rule it out. I have other fish all doing fine which have been in there for over a year now.