PDA

View Full Version : new to this

DjwCjd
04/20/2010, 10:30 AM
hello my girlfriend and i have just started a 75 gallon saltwater aquarium and we think we are beginning to see that a few of our fish might be getting sick. We were thinking that we should get some one over to show us what we should do so we dont kill them. Have looked online to find someone that does matainence on tanks or whatever but can not seem to find much. any help

chubby hugs
04/20/2010, 10:34 AM
Where are you located? Many saltwater stores offer a service to come maintain peoples tanks, have you tried asking at where you bought the fish? People on this forum will be happy to help out, but you will need to post information about your tank parameters, types of fish, amount of live rock, what seems wrong with the fish, etc.

DjwCjd
04/20/2010, 10:41 AM
75 gallon
35 lbs live rock
carpet anemone
salfin tang - has ick or something
two maroon clowns- i dont know but looks like velvet on the smallest
two bangi cardinals
firefly gobbie
two yellow tailed damsel
coral banded shrimp
two turbo snails
t5 lights&setup
40 lbs of live sand
located in Wilmington Nc

chubby hugs
04/20/2010, 10:51 AM
What about your water tests? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, SG, temperature, PH, calcium? How long has the tank been set up and how long have the stressed fish been in it? Can you post pics of the sick fish so we can try to see if they have what you think? Do you have a quarantine tank? If so, it would be good to have ready so you can isolate any fish that need it.