PDA

View Full Version : Really stupid question

sassyfrassy
04/20/2010, 10:49 PM
I am currently trying to eliminate hair algae from my rocks & glass - EXCEPT one area about the size of my palm directly in front of a PH on the back glass. It is a vivid green and very healthy looking - gotten about 1" to 1 1/2" long and waves in the flow of the PH - rather pretty actually. Is it just dumb to want to keep some growing on the back glass? Or will it be impossible to control (keep off rocks, etc.) w/o eliminating it all together? I just got 3 turbos and a spotted sea hare to help eliminate it on my rocks & substrate.

patrick1234
04/20/2010, 10:59 PM
I dont see how your going to keep the hair frome moving to other places in the tank. Also how are you going to keep the sea hare and turbos frome eating it?

Andrew Henry
04/20/2010, 11:15 PM
It will either be eaten or spend everywhere, if you have a chance to control it now, I'd take it.

Tuscaquatics
04/20/2010, 11:49 PM
Not gonna happen, dude. If it can grow in one spot, it will grow everywhere eventually. If you wan't some pretty plant growth in your tank, look into some macroalgaes like gracillaria. If you have corals, or plan on getting any, hair algae is the last thing you want in there. Just wait 'til it grows between your zoos and stuff.

sassyfrassy
04/21/2010, 07:16 AM
Thanks everyone.