PDA

View Full Version : Syringe Extension for Feeding

webdizzy
04/21/2010, 12:15 PM
I use a standard 10cc medical syringe for target feeding. I'm trying to come up with some sort of rigid extension that I can attach to the syringe to target feed critters low in my tank without having to put my hand in it all the time. Does anyone have any ideas? I prefer using a plunger rather than bulb syringe so don't care for the Sea Squirt that's on the market.

billdogg
04/21/2010, 01:43 PM
use a long piece of rigid air tubing with a ~1" piece of regular tubing to connect it to the syringe. I have done it this way for many years - works great

webdizzy
04/21/2010, 01:46 PM
use a long piece of rigid air tubing with a ~1" piece of regular tubing to connect it to the syringe. I have done it this way for many years - works great

Where can I find rigid air tubing?

EllieSuz
04/21/2010, 02:04 PM
Any pet shop that carries freshwater fish would carry the rigid airline tubing. I use a length of it and attach it to the syringe with a short piece of soft airline tubing. I also put a piece of soft tube on the feeding end because it's softer and I can feed each polyp of several of my corals such as Sun, Duncan and Candy Cane without injuring them. By the way, when I say "syringe"' I mean the kind used to feed liquid medicines to babies, not one for giving inoculations.

webdizzy
04/21/2010, 02:24 PM
Any pet shop that carries freshwater fish would carry the rigid airline tubing. I use a length of it and attach it to the syringe with a short piece of soft airline tubing...

Thanks! That's exactly what I was trying to put together but didn't know where to get what I wanted.