PDA

View Full Version : Didn't expect them to look this bad

LukFox
04/22/2010, 01:55 PM
I had 20 minutes to kill waiting for some food to thaw, so I grabbed the camera and started taking photos of some critters. The Brazilian dragon eel surprised me, though!

Up close his teeth are really jagged looking and chipped right now. Sometimes I see him with loose teeth and those get replaced, so maybe these are close to falling out, too. Oh the bacteria that must be living in there! I wouldn't want to get bitten by him right now, that's for sure.

The really bad teeth are in the row just below his eye. Some partly split in half, others completely missing the points.
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/Tikall_Fire/needsadentistwhoa1.jpg

Another shot more zoomed out to get his whole pretty face. :D
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/Tikall_Fire/needsadentistwhoa2.jpg

Just thought it was interesting!

LamboBoy
04/22/2010, 02:35 PM
Great looking Eel. How big does it get?

LukFox
04/22/2010, 02:39 PM
I don't actually know 100%. Liveaquaria says they get about 3.5', but another guy said his got larger than that (he didn't have it anymore though). Right now mine is still sitting at 3 feet.

nuccadoc
04/22/2010, 03:01 PM
Man, that is a set of teeth! DO you have any problems with him harassing/eating other fish.

Recty
04/22/2010, 03:06 PM
Very nice shot. Those teeth are a lot more busted up than I would have expected. I remember taking a picture of my clown trigger who I thought had perfect teeth and when you get nice and zoomed in it's very obvious his teeth were broken and snaggly...

LukFox
04/22/2010, 03:42 PM
Man, that is a set of teeth! DO you have any problems with him harassing/eating other fish.

I sure did! He's in a tank by himself now, and he isn't aggressive towards me at all so everyone is happy.

I remember that Recty! Those teeth were nuts.

AngelAddict
04/22/2010, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't want to get bitten by him right now, that's for sure.

No you don't, I unfortunately can assure you that! My BDM seems to have maxed out around 3ft as well. I think people who say theirs was bigger were probably exaggerating a bit.

LukFox
04/24/2010, 09:16 PM
No you don't, I unfortunately can assure you that! My BDM seems to have maxed out around 3ft as well. I think people who say theirs was bigger were probably exaggerating a bit.

That's what I'm hoping in terms of size lol. We'll see. :) He sat at 2.5' for a long time, then suddenly he was 3'! Wouldn't be surprised if I realized he was 3.5' one day.

On bites, man I can almost see the bacteria partying in those cracks! I'm glad you ended up being okay.