PDA

View Full Version : coralline alage

clevebill
04/22/2010, 08:47 PM
my tank has been up for a year and my glass is as clean as the day i started my tank and seemed my coral growth has slowed to a snail pace even my monti has no white edge to show thats its growing.
40 gallon breeder
mod nova extrem pro true individal reflectors
3 ati b+
2 aquablue specials
marineland 300 skimmer
run carbon and phosguard from time to time
levels
cal 400 to 450
alk aroun 9.3
mag a little low 1250
ph around 8.0 during the day
phospates dont detect with salifert test kit
i would think by now it would be showing on my pumps or something and my coral are growing really slow
here is some pic some are old and new but get the idea how clean my glass is

Oil_Fan
04/22/2010, 09:04 PM
Easiest way to get coralline in the tank is to feed it from a piece of LR (even a small piece) that has it. Mine just exploded after adding one piece that had it on and it just went from there.

All you need is little bit to get it going.

NJS7x7
04/22/2010, 09:41 PM
I've had my tank for less than 5 months and had some come on the backs of some snails I got. Now it has spread to the back wall, filter inlet and starting to show up on the glass and only getting bigger...

boxer385
04/22/2010, 10:25 PM
check your mag levels, got to get it to stablize

myaerica
04/22/2010, 10:32 PM
I would say phosphate is high. Unless you have somthing like A hanna meter you wont know your levels for sure. drip tests are no good for phosphate. No coralline is A good thing in my book I have it every where and it gets tireing trying to get it off the glass.

stevek480
04/22/2010, 11:05 PM
Have you replaced your bulbs at all? If they are a year old it would seem you are close to needing to replace them.