PDA

View Full Version : Missing fish

onecoder
04/23/2010, 07:38 AM
So my wife added some new rock to her nano tank about 8 pounds. She has had a firefish goby for 3 - 4 months showing no signs of stress. We saw it Wednesday night when she turned off the lights.

She gets up Thursday and can't find the fish at all no signs of it anywhere and still today we have not seen it. The tank is a Bio Cube so the fish could not have jumped. I did check the back chambers in case it jumped in there.

Any one have any ideas what it may be? I am thinking a hitchhiker on the new rock, but I am not sure what would get a firefish.

Tank Parms:
SG 1.025
temp: 79
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Phosphates: 0
KH: 8
Cal: 380

Any suggestions are always wanted. I think I may set up a small trap tonight and see what I get.

crvz
04/23/2010, 07:45 AM
It could be a hitchhiker. What other fish/inverts are in the tank?

onecoder
04/23/2010, 07:54 AM
pom pom crab
1 green clown goby
1 tiny 1/2" long ocellaris

the rest are just corals
frog spawn,
purple moti
candy cane
duncans
and a bunch of zoos and pallys.

thegrun
04/23/2010, 07:58 AM
Fire fish tend to be very shy; it may have gone into hiding due to the changes in the tank. If it doesn't show up to eat after a week, I would suspect a hitchhiker in the new rock may have gotten it.

Matt850
04/23/2010, 08:19 AM
Fire fish tend to be very shy; it may have gone into hiding due to the changes in the tank. If it doesn't show up to eat after a week, I would suspect a hitchhiker in the new rock may have gotten it.

+1

Keep checking your parameters, you should see a spike if the fish is dead and decomposing but my best guess is that it is hiding. My firefish likes to hide all the way inside a particular rock at night, so far in fact that you would never know he was in there if you didn't see him go in... he has actually survived two tank moves this way.