PDA

View Full Version : Zoa might have nudis?

jk1nole
04/24/2010, 09:57 PM
So... I posted yesterday about attending a frag auction tonight for my local reef club. I ended up going and buying a few frags. I was hesitant about picking up something bad.

I bought 5 things tonight... Purple Montipora capriconis, Blue Acropora Tortuosa, Purple Slimer Acropora, Green Duncan, and Flower Zoanthids.

I dipped them all one by one in some Revive and Water when I got home. Sure enough on the zoas something came out. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I am guessing I am seeing a couple of nudibranches... They look like tiny worms or slugs that just kinda wiggle back and forth...

So, my question is what should I do. I took the zoas out of the mixture and have them sitting in a milk jug of salt water. Will the revive kill what was on there? I assume there could still be eggs. Can I leave the zoas overnight in the jug and figure something out in the morning. Should I through it away. I bought 20 heads for $20... I don't have an extra tank right now.

jk1nole
04/24/2010, 10:18 PM
I was able to take a couple of pictures of the bugs... Not sure if it is a nudibranch. It almost moves like an inch worm. I know the pictures aren't the best.

a9reef
04/26/2010, 06:32 AM
From the pictures, it doesn't look like nudibranches from the pictures

mfinn
04/26/2010, 08:52 AM
I seriously doubt those are nudi's.
If you dipped in revive, I'd add them. Doesn't sound like you have a big zoanthid collection.
But in the future, when you get zoanthids, buy some FWE and use that as a preventative dip, using a doasage at 4x the recommended strenght in tank water, for 2-3 mintues.