PDA

View Full Version : need to come up with ATO for ACIII

jbeckett25
04/26/2010, 07:07 PM
ok guys I have a ACIII and will be needing a ATO set up for some trips I'll be taking this summer, And don't whant to wait for the last min. to come up with it. So help me out what do I need? I want there to be a fail safe for the FW and high and low for sump. I am just learning with this Controller it is kinda new to me but I'm loving it so far. I know I'll need 3 floats and a brake out box but I don't really know anything about it. also think I'll need a add on outlet but don't know how this conects to the DC8 like I said its all new to me but I'm learning :spin2: any advice you all can send my way would be helpful. Thanks

cccharliecc
04/26/2010, 08:02 PM
I'm gonna tag along on this thread too....I have the Apex and I really need an ATO solution, I was looking at the JBJ ATO, but so many bad reviews on it.

I wonder if Neptune has a suggested setup to work with our controllers...I hope so!

If anyone is using such setup can you please post what we would need exactly and some setup tips?

Thanks!

jbeckett25
04/28/2010, 12:50 PM
well so much for that.

cccharliecc
04/28/2010, 12:53 PM
I know....I asked someone at Neptune the same question and here is his reply ....this may help us!

An inexpensive place to get float switches is aquahub.com. It is easiest to connect the float switch wires to the AquaController’s i/o connector if you use our breakout box. One wire of the float switch connects to the ground terminal and the other wire to the I1 (input #1) connector.
To sense if the switch is open or closed in the program you would do something like this:

If Switch1 OPEN Then ON
If Switch1 CLOSED Then OFF

jbeckett25
04/28/2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks I have been doing alot of readding about this and think I'll just make a brake out box sounds rather easy I just need to make sure that the cable is a apple mindin 8 cable or some other type don't whant to order the wrong one they are cheap but still no point in wasting the money. I found http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1804031 to be helpful its the show "Show us your DIY breakout box" thread maybe you've sean it.