PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator pumps to much

mr9iron
04/26/2010, 07:36 PM
Roger, I installed the Tunze Osmolator magnet which holds the eye and the float switch today. The problem is when the IR eye senses water is needed it pumps the water resulting in to much water being added triggering my float switch and alarm. Is there any fix to this?

shawnz28
04/26/2010, 07:48 PM
edit - reread you post. Was this an addon to an existing old unit where air bubbles are not the likely cause?

mr9iron
04/27/2010, 05:31 AM
edit - reread you post. Was this an addon to an existing old unit where air bubbles are not the likely cause?

It is an older unit, however It has sat in a box for quite a while. I tinkered with the unit a bit last night and I think it may actually have been because of the bubbles. It seems to be working well this morning though, it did cycle and did not trip the alarm. Thanks for your help.

rvitko
04/27/2010, 09:51 AM
If the osmo is being used on the 28 in your sig line you may need to reduce the flow of the pump. The osmolator has a built in overfill, it will continue pumping for about 10 seconds after a fill is registered, this is deliberate to reduce how often it cycles in a day and you can see it on the controller as the yellow and green LED will be lit simultaneuosly for roughly 10 seconds. On a small tank this half pint or so of extra water can cause an alarm, the simple fix is to add a small drip irrigation valve to the end of the top off hose at the tank and reduce the flow this way.

mr9iron
04/27/2010, 07:01 PM
Roger, thanks for the advice. I found a gang valve at Walmart put it inline. I had to completely close one valve then leave the other open so hopefully this will work. If not, I will have to find a single airline valve somewhere.

mr9iron
04/29/2010, 07:51 PM
Roger, I tired the airline valve and am not having much success with it. At least twice a day it continues to trigger the alarm. Any other suggestions?

rvitko
04/30/2010, 08:14 AM
Can you watch the LED display the next time it cycles? The critical thing is that when the water level is reached the green LED comes on. If it does not come on then I would check that air bubbles are not clinging to the sensor. The sensor cannot differentiate between being dry and a bubble. This should happen at the point where the water reaches the point where the cone meets the cylinder portion of the optic sensor. If it does come on then it is just a matter of restricting the flow with a valve. You may need to further close the valve.

mr9iron
04/30/2010, 09:35 AM
I will give that a try and see what happens.

mr9iron
05/06/2010, 07:51 PM
Now I am experinecing the alarm coming off and on every so often. It will alarm, even though it hasn't pumped any water for a few seconds then kick back off. I restricted the flow with a valve and now I'm not sure what to do.

rvitko
05/08/2010, 07:20 AM
Is the float in a position where it is touching the water? The float is what activates the alarm, when it rises on the post this results in an alarm. If the water level is fluctuating or is right at the float it would cause this. Also be sure the float is in the correct holder, it should be installed in the piece you have to slide into the magnet holder, not into the premounted piece.

mr9iron
05/09/2010, 08:12 AM
Is the float in a position where it is touching the water? The float is what activates the alarm, when it rises on the post this results in an alarm. If the water level is fluctuating or is right at the float it would cause this. Also be sure the float is in the correct holder, it should be installed in the piece you have to slide into the magnet holder, not into the premounted piece.

Roger, the switches are in the correct holders on the magnet. I have restircted the flow with an airline valve but for some reason the Osmolator continues to pump several times until the float valve is just about ready to trip. I guess there is just enough flucuation of the water level to cause it to trip.

rvitko
05/10/2010, 07:36 AM
Is there another compartment or maybe the main tank section that you can try?