PDA

View Full Version : bacterial vs fungal or both, how can you tell?

allglass300g
04/27/2010, 01:14 AM
I'm lost! I'm at the end of what i thought was a successful qt for ich and my glorious hippo tang had a white spot. I thought, damn it, it still has ich. But no, when I got home from work it had cloudy white dots all over its tail, that obviously wasn''t ich. I've tried to decipher between fish disease posts to figure out what my next step should be and I'm lost. Is maracyn 2 the proper med for both fungal and bacterial. I'm on my second day of PIMAFIX and I know its only been two days but I'm not convinced I'm treating right. My gut is saying 1st thing in the morn get some maracyn 2 BUT I'm honestly unsure about how to tell the difference btwn the two symptoms. Last, my yellow tang and angel dont have any visual signs of white cloudy spots but they have both have "erosion". I put my perc clowns, yellow tang, and angel back in display tank b/c they had no spots. Only erosion is as mentioned previously with some slight red around nose of yellow tang. Huma trigger is a stud and no signs of anything; its in the display tank.

Remainder in the qt tank are:

two damsels
hippo tang
clown trigger.

Qt tank is 55 gallons.
Display tank is 300 w/ live rock.
I havent taken water parameters yet, been doing water change since home from work. I know this is like half the info most would want but any idears would be appreciated! :sad2:

RBU1
04/27/2010, 03:49 AM
OK my first question would be how did you treat for ich?

Second question would be is how are your water parameters in the tank the tang is in?

and if you can get a picture it is a major help.....