PDA

View Full Version : Pumps Show Off All The Time?!

cccharliecc
04/27/2010, 05:31 AM
I just installed my Apex last week and its working great except the outlets where I have my 4 pumps are off all the time.

I dont have them plugged in there yet because I dont want them to turn off or be off.

I have my lights, heaters, and fans all plugged in and working as they should

Does anyone know how to correct this issue with the pumps not being on....is it the Fallback state or something?

Thanks!

Here is what my pump settings look like:
Fallback (On/Off) On
Initial off time (MMM:SS) 000.00
On time (MMM:SS): 005.00
Off time (MMM:SS) 005.00
Feed timer (A-D) A
Feed timer delay (MMM) 000

aquamanic
04/27/2010, 06:38 AM
Go back to the Outlet Setup screen. Select Advanced for the type. Then type or copy/paste the following:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

That will keep them on 7x24 except during FeedA.

swearint
04/27/2010, 07:04 AM
With your original settings, the outlets should be cycling OFF/ON every five minutes. You can confirm this by checking the Outlet Log. From the webpage, go to XML > XML Outlet. This will show you the log of the state changes for the outlets. This is useful for diagnosing problems and confirming the results of your code.

Todd

cccharliecc
04/27/2010, 07:18 AM
Cool....Thanks guys....That code worked in the Advanced section.
How do you bypass any feeding options on the Apex.

I dont shut any pumps off during feeding....just the powerheads and they are on a different outlet strip.

swearint
04/27/2010, 08:07 AM
Cool....Thanks guys....That code worked in the Advanced section.
How do you bypass any feeding options on the Apex.

I dont shut any pumps off during feeding....just the powerheads and they are on a different outlet strip.

If you are using the Pump Wizard, it is built in. If you switch it to Advanced, it will show you the commands that are being used. You can then delete what you don't want and hit the update button. Also, if you have not already read Alan's user guide, I high recommend it. It explains pretty much everything you need to know about the Apex. Click on his avatar and go to his homepage. Once you get comfortable with the programming language, the Advanced mode will give you much more freedom in controlling the desired behavior.

Todd

cccharliecc
04/27/2010, 09:11 AM
Sweet...Thanks Todd. I think I downloaded that manual...its the unofficial one right?

Hey...do you know of any way to have the Metal Halide lights turn off at a temp of 82 and then come back on when the temp gets to 79?

I would rather have that setting instead of having the lights shut off for 30 minutes or a timed value!

Thanks!

swearint
04/27/2010, 10:03 AM
Yes, the unoffical user's guide.

As for the Temp, yes, but it is not as straight forward as you might think. The statements are executed first to last, so if you just added a statement 'If Temp < 79 Then ON' to the end, it would keep the lights ON regardless of the time. So you need to go the opposite route:

[LIGHTS]
Fallback OFF
If Temp < 79.0 Then ON
If Time 17:00 to 07:00 Then OFF
If Temp > 82.0 Then OFF

The first statement has the lights ON whenever the Temp is below 79, then the second statement shuts the lights OFF if the time is between 17:00 (5:00 pm) through 7:00 am the next day. Then whenever the Temp exceeds 82, the lights will shut OFF.

Todd