PDA

View Full Version : What's supposed to be in MP40W ES upgrade kit?

Gobie74
04/27/2010, 08:11 AM
I ordered an ES upgrade for my MP40W and an wondering if everything came in the kit.

First of all, there was no control knob. I talked to the vendor and they said they would send me one.

There are 3 screw holes in the back of the ES but there were no screws in the upgrade kit. The MP40W controller didn't use screws to hold it together, so were there supposed to be screws in the kit.

I heard something about velcro being the new way to mount the ES, was there supposed to be some velcro in the kit?

EcoTech Marine
04/27/2010, 09:04 AM
There should have been a bag in there that had the velcro, screws and knob. If this wasn't included in your kit please call us and we'll get it out to you right away.

When you mention the "vendor" will send you a new knob, who do you mean? EcoTech or a third party? If a third party, who?

Gobie74
04/28/2010, 06:07 AM
It is a third party. Progressive Reef.

I'll call later in the afternoon.

EcoTech Marine
04/28/2010, 07:40 AM
I see, you purchased from Canada. Please specify this when you call in or there could be some confusion.

Gobie74
04/28/2010, 10:44 AM
Canada gets different parts? Should I start singing "Blame Canada" now? :)

EcoTech Marine
04/28/2010, 11:31 AM
lol, as a HUGE South Park fan I'm loving the reference.

No, they don't get different parts but they're in a different distribution chain than the US and we tend to frown upon cross-border sales. It makes our lives much more difficult dealing with warranty and any other issues that may arise.

Gobie74
04/29/2010, 09:50 AM
Ah sorry about that, I would have bought them from the EcoTech parts store but they are out of stock and I was making an order from Progressive anyway. Didn't get home in time to call last night, hopefully night or during lunch today.