PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Failure, Help Please

ataller
04/27/2010, 02:57 PM
I have a couple of posts out there, but I will summarize none the less.

Didnt QT a fathead anthias. Saw spots on my fish, fathead died. Took all my fish out and put them into a QT tank SG 1.009-1.010 (refractometer).

After 7 days of Hypo, my dispars started breathing heavily and both have died. My flame angel [rapid breathing, odd swimming] jumped out last night. No sign of ICH or Spots.....

Now, day 9 I believe, my remainig fish, two clowns (had them for three years), purple tang, and yellow coris are not doing well.

Fish are lethargic, and shedding mucus like it is going out of style. Here is a picture of the tang. Overnight it seems the fish went from doing well in hypo, to virtually dead. I have no idea what is going on. I will try anything to save them. Just did an 80% wc.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3458/4558855816_8459be12e9_b.jpg

Recty
04/27/2010, 03:41 PM
Big water change is a good idea.

Are you measuring pH? It tends to drop and swing rapidly with low salinity since there isnt a lot buffering the water.

I'd suspect your pH has dropped a lot faster than your fish can handle it.

Mark 75g
04/27/2010, 06:10 PM
I just had a massive die off from a fish that wasnt qt. I put a hippo tang in my tank. Lost him, blonde naso tang, orange back wrasser, salfin tang, flame angel, bellis angel and couple others. There were no signs of ich or any other disease, they just started to be lathargic like you describe.

I gues it was a bacteria that came in with the fish.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Been there done that as you can see.

ataller
04/27/2010, 06:52 PM
Two clowns and purple tang are still hanging in there but I dont expect them to live the night.

Odd thing is that my yellow coris is still completely fine, acts like nothing is wrong, no signs at all of disease. Would he be resistant to something?

I have been dosing ALK to stabilize my pH. Maybe there was a swing I don't know :(

Mark 75g
04/28/2010, 10:45 AM
My yellow tang, 2 clowns, 6 line, chromis dottyback all showed no signs and are still doing great.

One of those diseases beyond our control.

Recty
04/28/2010, 10:50 AM
Two clowns and purple tang are still hanging in there but I dont expect them to live the night.

Odd thing is that my yellow coris is still completely fine, acts like nothing is wrong, no signs at all of disease. Would he be resistant to something?

I have been dosing ALK to stabilize my pH. Maybe there was a swing I don't know :(

I would buy a pH test kit...