PDA

View Full Version : 300 dd tank advice...

padova335i
04/28/2010, 02:49 PM
Looking into this tank since it will save me tones of money rather than getting my 360 view tank custom made..

Does the back of this tank still have a nice clear glass for the back? I was thinking of making it see through between a wall, and just using the wall to cover up the overflows on one side...

any ideas? Im still getting quotes on the other 360 view tanks and they are way more expensive, but this is basically the same size i want w the exception of overflow location....

i can't wait to get this tank started already

the wall is either coming out w/ the tank in the middle or i'll just have the tank show partially..... the wall is 7 ft

alton
04/29/2010, 05:32 AM
Stock DD tanks only have Starfire on the front. If you want a tank that will be viewed from front and back I would do a custom where an over size overflow would be only on one side of the tank.

stunreefer
04/29/2010, 10:16 AM
I really like what John did with his overflows to make it look nice: http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-03/totm/index.php

padova335i
04/29/2010, 05:08 PM
thanx guys, after much reseacrh, i will bw sticking to the more expensive 7 ft x 30 x 36 tank....

now im extremely nervous for the floor!