PDA

View Full Version : BTA Split

dmills422
04/29/2010, 04:24 PM
I've had my BTA since last friday. It didn't look any different before I left for school this moring but when I go home a few minutes ago, there was a little one right beside it. Is this a good or bad thing. I've read that bad tank conditions can make one split. Everythings seems okay and I think they look alright but I just want to be sure. It just split so sporadicly. I can get some pics if you need or want to see it.

CockyBrock
04/29/2010, 04:35 PM
It could have been stressed, which will cause them to split. Have you fed it? They'll also split with constant feedings.

Don't fret. I had a RBTA split 3-1 and all 3 nems are doing just fine! Congrats on being a dad/mom...just keep good light and good water and you'll have 2 healthy BTAs in no time!

dmills422
04/29/2010, 04:39 PM
lol. Thanks a lot. I've fed it mysis once and regular shrimp cut into pieces once. I have 96 watts of actinic and 10000K and it's a 25 gallon. I have 2 percula clowns that I got with it. They haven't really gotten in it yet but they chased my damsel away from the anemone. Does it usually take a while for them to start living in the it?