PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Lighting on 180 for SPS?

Mobatic
04/29/2010, 04:42 PM
Need some recommendation on what to use on my 180. Basically whats the bang for your buck to grow some sps? Which have enough lighting and would not burn chalices which im considering adding as well.

mike_cmu04
04/29/2010, 05:08 PM
Led's you will save on electricity, bulb replacement, and no heat. I have chalice and sps in my tank under led's with great colors and growth

Mobatic
04/29/2010, 05:10 PM
Any tips on the type of fixture and the cost?

DolphinLVR
04/29/2010, 08:57 PM
Any tips on the type of fixture and the cost?

Really depends on what you want from them. When I bought mine, I did alot of research on them and what I wanted to be able to do with them. Also keep in mind upgrad ability should you ever decide to go with a bigger tank.

I have a build thread in the large tank section and have some pics posted there.

Mobatic
04/29/2010, 10:35 PM
Really depends on what you want from them. When I bought mine, I did alot of research on them and what I wanted to be able to do with them. Also keep in mind upgrad ability should you ever decide to go with a bigger tank.

I have a build thread in the large tank section and have some pics posted there.

Most definitely i will check it out. I know thats what im about to do...but i just wanted to get an idea where to start.