PDA

View Full Version : Flukes on my Anthias...Maybe??

mscarpena
04/29/2010, 06:22 PM
So my last Anthias had some Flukes on it so I treated it with PraziPro. Those flukes fell of like immediately. So I got a different Anthias and he was looking good for about 3 weeks then one day he had a large white patch on him the size of a dime. I though Bacterial or Fungal. His scales fell off in that area and I noticed 2-3 other smaller white spots. Also he had part of his tail missing. I thought flukes. Well easy enough to treat. I got out my PraziPro and expected them to fall on immediately. Needless to say they did not. I thought my PP is about a year old maybe it went bad. I did a 20 gallon water change and ran my skimmer for a day. I got a new bottle of PP and added 7 mils to a 60 gallon aquarium. It seems like some of the flukes fell off because I saw them in the water, but there are still a few spots on him. They got larger and white right after the treatment. Also now he stopped eating which I hear can happen, but it seems like he can not close his mouth. Also he crapped out about a 4 inch long intestinal parasite. He is swimming around fairly actively, but wont eat. His large sore has heeled and his tail has grown back the missing part. So I am confused. Are the flukes dead and just hanging on the fish?? Is it a small area of Bacterial infection?? Also the fish has been in the tank for about 4 weeks with a few other fish and none of them show any signs of anything at all. All 4 other fish are healthy and have been with the fish for the same amount of time. Any ideas would be great. I really hate to see any of my fish died. It just drives me nuts. I dont want to just keep dosing with PP because I am not entirely sure of how much is in their now. I have some small fan worms in the live rock and they are still alive so I kinda of think the concentration of PP might be slightly low.

potterjon
05/07/2010, 07:05 AM
when you say he crapped out a "4 inch intestinal parasite", what exactly do you mean?

The Reef Expert
05/07/2010, 10:41 AM
when you say he crapped out a "4 inch intestinal parasite", what exactly do you mean?

My Thoughts Exactly. Do you mean a tapeworm or sumthin?:fish1: