PDA

View Full Version : ? ich help. please.

sb62nova
05/03/2010, 07:00 AM
Both my hippo and powder tangs have been doing great for months. We have had a few small ich outbreaks, but they always seem to overcome them with a little extra garlic flakes and a close check on the water parameters. Havent added anything new in over a month... Not sure what may have stressed them or brought it on this time. They are acting normal and eating as well as usual. The water parameters are all within normal except nitrates were at 20 yesterday. I did a 20% water change. Any suggestions would be great. (also the rest of my fish leopard and six line wrasses, 2 chromis, royal gramma, firefish, 2 clowns, and scooter blenny look normal and dont show any signs) Thanks in advance.

stingythingy45
05/03/2010, 07:33 AM
Quite simply your tank is infected with ich.Unless the fish are removed and then treated and the tank left fishless for 6-8 weeks you will always have ich in there.
You can also choose to manage the ich problem as you've been doing.But.......and I stress this,if you have any stress,water parameter swings the parasite will gain more ground.